What qualifies as Biohazard Clean-up?
When you think of Bio-Hazard don't we automatically think of some chemical lab in the movies with fully suited up technicians; But did you know that occurrences in your home or office sometimes require a Bio-Hazard clean up. A few things in your home would be:
- Animal Nests, feces and urine; winter is the perfect time for some furry (not so clean) creatures to make your attic, crawl space, basement or walls their winter retreat.
- A Sewage back up from you toilet, drain, or main sewer line can be a huge headache and not something you would want to clean up yourself for health and many other reasons.
- A sump pump failure can cause a basement to flood quickly, although not as messy as a sewage back up there are still chemicals and contaminants in the ground water that might be harmful. Especially if you spend a lot of time in the basement.
- The most awful event would be an unattended death of a loved one.
In the workplace there are events that also require Bio-Hazard clean up.
- Industrial Accidents
- Communicable disease sterilization
- Vehicle bio-hazard removal and remediation
- Blood cleanup up, removal, and remediation
So while you're in the middle of spring cleaning at home or have an incident at work keep us in mind. You really never know what can happen and when you'll need a professional to come out, do the dirty work and make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of East Central Morris County is here for you, (973) 887-9100